How you react to demands for faster lead times, cost reduction and continued improvement in damage rates will determine how you will succeed in today’s challenging market. The pressure to improve service whilst controlling costs has never been higher.
Damage adds no value to the delivery process, inconveniences the end customer and costs you money at a time when profit margins are as low as they have ever been.
Damage also gets passed from one party to another if the receiving party does not protect itself from such liabilities. Creating consistent handover standards and performing inspections offer protection.
We help you reduce damage and provide an excellent service to your customers. We provide protection against claims which should be assigned to others in the distribution chain.
Services for Logistics Service Providers
Click on any of the headings below to expand the information.
Quality is everything in the logistics chain. High quality vehicle handling reduces damage, reduces costs and helps deliver an undamaged vehicle to the customer.
Manufacturers, insurers and logistics service providers all have a need to challenge whether best practice is being implemented and where improvements could be delivered.
Our experienced Logistics Quality team can audit all elements of the logistics chain to ensure adherence to standards and that correct processes are being followed. The independent nature of our assessors ensure autonomy and transparency when reporting against a set of best practices developed over many years of experience across a wide range of brands.
Identification of operational non-conformances leads to training, process review, improved quality and ultimately lower damage levels and costs.
Audits can cover the following areas:
- Compounds – using either the manufacturer or the compound owner’s standards, audits can highlight compliance issues and track consistency variations.
- Vessels – ensuring that vehicles are loaded in compliance with the vessel operator and manufacturers standards, or checking to see that vessels are equipped to minimise damages during loading and unloading procedures.
- Road transporters – checking for example the quality of the operating procedures, equipment, loading/unloading operations and driver's clothing
- Rail - ensuring equipment, as well as loading, securing and unloading operations are compliant with handling standards.
- Route – following a vehicle from plant to final delivery provides a unique perspective on where and why things can go wrong.
- Repairer – whether PDI or dealer repair centres our auditors can check that the environment and procedures are in compliance with manufacturer standards.
The benefits of using Sevatas
- Damage and cost reduction through identification of issues and process improvement
- Improved quality processes
- Informed, experienced auditors with a deep understanding of your requirements
Contact us for more information on how we can support you.
Inspection of vehicles to identify damages at handover, establish liability and defend claims
Handover inspections identify if, where and when damage occurs.
Sevatas provides handover inspection related services typically to logistics service providers such as vessel operators, port operators, rail and road transporters. Our services also support manufacturers, distributors and insurers identify where damages are occurring.
Large scale movements of vehicles provide an environment where damage can occur. Independent inspections provide companies with protection from potential accusations of liability relating to incurred damage.
All inspections are delivered to high Sevatas quality standards, which we believe is the best in the sector, which also provides valuable data for future damage reduction activity.
If clients require tailored inspections to meet individual or OEM standards, we can do this. We have robust training processes and a comprehensive self-audit regime to ensure our inspections are as consistent and as accurate as they can be.
Being the ‘eyes’ of the client on the ground, Sevatas inspectors also aim to identify issues and possible causes of damage before they happen.
Our in-house data capture units are at the forefront of sector technology and capture a wider range of data to enable better analysis and event reporting. To learn more, click here.
Contact us to find out about how we can support you.
When a vehicle requires complex repair processes to remedy damages sustained en route, it is possible the repairer may not identify the most cost effective way to complete the repair.
Our Engineering service is provided by our sister company, Contior Automotive Assessors. Click here to find out more about Contior.
Engineering involves the thorough review of repair estimates submitted by repairers / dealerships to identify opportunities to reduce the repair costs by amending estimates and agreeing more appropriate repair methods. We do this whilst at all times maintaining our commitment to the manufacturers’ approved repair processes and new vehicle quality standards.
Contior’s Engineers are all proven experts in vehicle repair processes and new vehicle quality standards. We work with repairers to identify cost savings collaboratively and seek opportunities to educate repairers on the best repair processes to use.
Our service is generally delivered remotely from the desktop utilising photographs, videos and specialist estimating software. We also have the option to visit the repairer in person if required.
Examples of costs savings include:
- Identifying ways to repair, rather than replace broken parts or panels
- Encouraging the use of ‘smart’ repair processes such as cold dent repairs, polishing and brush touch ups
- Identifying examples where the need to blend painted panels into neighbouring ones is removed
- Ensuring correct part prices and discounts are applied
Contior's services is also able to dramatically reduce the timeframes associates with authorising the repairer to proceed. This minimises the delay a damage causes in delivering the vehicle to the final customer.
Our Engineering service can work in the following ways:
- For our current Manufacturer, Distributor or Insurer clients: As a ‘bolt-on’ to an existing Claims Management & Cost Recovery service
- For Manufacturers, Distributors or Insurers: As a stand-alone service to work in conjunction with your own claims management arrangements
- For Logistics Service Providers: As a stand-alone service to support your own processes to validate claims and your potential liability
The benefits of using us
- Sector leading experience, expertise and knowledge
- Multilingual validation capability
- Cost reduction through the identification of appropriate repair processes
- Improved dealer service; swift repair authorisation to minimise delays to the final customer
Contact us to find out more about how we can support you.